LFB Biopharmaceuticals Limited (LFB), registered in England and Wales under company number 06058711, registered office Suite 104, Spirella Building, Bridge Road, Letchworth Garden City. SG6 4ET is involved with the collection of PERSONAL DATA. This is why we have adopted this general policy for the protection of PERSONAL DATA in accordance with the law related to PERSONAL DATA.
The words that are in capitals are defined at the end of this document.
- What is the purpose of this Policy?
The purpose of this policy is to provide you with general and understandable information about the categories of PERSONAL DATA we collect, how we use these data as part of our activities, and your related rights.
When it is necessary for us to do so, you will be provided with particular information about any specific processing of your PERSONAL DATA.
- Who is this Policy for?
This Policy covers those with whom LFB is in contact and in particular:
- Suppliers or prospective suppliers
- Customers or prospective customers
- Visitors to our website
- Any person who contacts us
- How are your PERSONAL DATA used (what are the purposes)?
LFB may collect and use your PERSONAL DATA for the following purposes:
- To maintain commercial and/or contractual relationships with our customers, suppliers and prospects.
- To manage relations between healthcare professionals and LFB, in particular for invitations to events (symposiums, conferences, congresses, advisory boards), communications regarding our activities via email campaigns or replies to their requests and questions.
- To perform fraud and credit checks.
- To analyse the audience that visits our websites and improve their interactivity.
- To communicate with you and reply to your requests.
- What types of data are processed?
LFB only processes PERSONAL DATA that are appropriate, relevant and necessary
Details of the PERSONAL DATA processed will be provided in the specific privacy policies.
In general and depending on the purpose, LFB may process the following data:
- Your personal information (for example, name, title)
- Data relating to your professional life (for example GMC number, qualifications, role, place of work)
- Your contact information (for example postal and email address, telephone number)
- Data relating your interactions with LFB and in particular email exchanges, etc.
- Where does the PERSONAL DATA we process come from?
We may collect your PERSONAL DATA by various means:
- Directly from you, including through your interaction with employees of LFB, during events that we organise or when you fill out a form.
- From public sources.
- From third parties provided that they are able.
- From cookies or tracers present on our websites.
- What are the lawful bases for our processing of your PERSONAL DATA?
The processing of PERSONAL DATA by LFB is based on one of the following bases:
- The performance of a contract. The processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation. The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Legitimate interests. The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- Your consent. You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
Where applicable, specific privacy policies will specify the applicable legal basis for each processing concerned.
- How long do we keep PERSONAL DATA?
The retention period for PERSONAL DATA varies depending upon the purpose for which it is used. This time may, depending on the circumstances, be defined by LFB or by law.
Once this time limit is reached, the PERSONAL DATA are either destroyed or anonymised depending upon the circumstances. In the latter case, this means that it will be impossible to identify you from such data.
- How is the security of your PERSONAL DATA ensured?
LFB takes measures to protect your PERSONAL DATA. We take reasonable steps to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or destruction.
- What are your rights with respect to your PERSONAL DATA?
Under the conditions and limits of the regulations, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold for you
- Right of rectification: you can ask us to correct data that are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of erasure (right to be forgotten): you have the right, under certain circumstances, for your data to be erased. We do, however, have the ability to refuse your request, in particular if we need your PERSONAL DATA to meet a legal obligation.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example in the event that the data we hold is not accurate.
- Right of objection: you may object, for reasons relating to your particular situation and under certain conditions, to the processing of data concerning you at any time.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the PERSONAL DATA that you have provided to us in a readable format so that they can be stored or transmitted.
Because certain rights are exercised on condition, we may not respond favourably to your request. In such a case, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
To obtain more information on your rights and the conditions for exercising them, please consult the site of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO, Data Protection Authority) at the following address: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- How may we be contacted?
For data protection matters please contact us at the following address:
- LFB Biopharmaceuticals Limited, Suite 104, Spirella Building, Bridge Road, Letchworth Garden City. SG6 4ET.
- email: email@example.com
- Modification of the Policy:
We may modify this Policy, in particular in the event of a regulatory or legal change or a change in our practices.
Please consult this Policy on a regular basis.
- PERSONAL DATA: Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- General Policy: This policy for the protection of PERSONAL DATA.
- Data Controller: The person, public authority, agency or other body (in this case, LFB) responsible for deciding how data and personal information are held and used about you, and responsible for explaining this clearly to you..
- Data Processor: The person, public authority, agency or other body which processes PERSONAL DATA on behalf of the Data Controller.
Version dated October 2022